23 February 2011

Abuse!!!

It's been a while since Ninja-Wannabe had had some typing time. Last night at Kung Fu class, we practiced some ground work.

I remember this one time at a belt test when we did our entire workout from the ground. I don't know how kids do it, rolling around, kicking, flailing and crawling. It's exhausting!

Anyway, last night we did some backward rolls. Okay, so let's consider a few things. I'm short, I'm round and I've got a big butt. Not only the butt (we'll get back to that in a second) but plenty of rolls and, shall we say obstructions, in other areas. So I look like a ball, but don't roll very well. Especially backwards. Sure, the young things, and those accursed slender people, had no problem tossing their tiny bums up and over themselves. I, on the other hand, got about ¾ of the way over before halting and flopping to the side like a cold fish. I tried, hopefully there are bonus points for that.

After that we did forward rolls. Those I can do. It took me two weeks of lining my living room with all of the couch pillows I could find to get it right, but now I can do them from a run if I have to.

Our last challenge was taking someone down to the ground. To make a long story short (too late?) we grabbed each other by the lapels, got into a shoving match, and then ended up on the ground.

Hey, stop that, keep it clean people.

I've got knuckle marks all over my chest from my partner. Wearing a shirt hurts. I get bruises a lot, but I haven't had the opportunity to, uh, toughen up at section of my body. Poor girls.

1 comment:

Lace and Books said...

Webbles wobble, but they don't fall down. *he he*

You don't know how kids do it...let me tell you. They are like Tiggers. Their legs are made out of rubber and their tails (or spines) are made out of springs. Kind of like Poe from Kung Fu Panda. Their special skill is bounce.